Happy New Year! The beginning of a year is an excellent opportunity to make healthy lifestyle changes to boost your sense of wellness and quality of life. You only get one body. The more effort you put into caring for it, the better it will serve you later in life. Spread the word. Educate your friends and loved ones and encourage them to join you in making healthy changes this year!
Maintain a Healthy Diet
We are what we eat. Getting your daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables is important because these foods are low in calories and fat, high in fiber, and rich in vitamins and minerals. Don’t forget to add whole grains, lean animal or plant-based proteins, and low-fat dairy to your diet while limiting salt, sugars, and processed foods. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Our favorite vegetable and chickpea curry slow cooker recipe: Try out this healthy recipe that’s bursting with goodness and flavor. Yields 6 servings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 ½ tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 large, minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- 1½ cups cubed potatoes with skin
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- ½ tsp salt
- One 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1¾ cups homemade vegetable or chicken broth (or one 14-ounce can of broth)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- I cup light coconut milk
- Cilantro and lemon wedges for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat – add onion and carrot, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Optional: If you’d like to add a kick to your curry, throw in a sliced serrano pepper.
- Place mixture in a 5-quart electric slow cooker and stir in chickpeas, potatoes, bell peppers, green beans, diced tomatoes, broth, and salt. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add coconut milk and spinach.
- Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges and serve with Jasmine or brown basmati rice.
Get Your Body Moving
Making exercise a part of your everyday life will help improve your energy, sleep, mood, and health and reduce anxiety or stress. Whatever your age or fitness level, it’s never too late to start. Even a brisk 30-minute walk every day can increase your cardiovascular fitness, strengthen your bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost your muscle power and endurance.
Reduce Your Stress
Chronic stress can affect your health and well-being, leaving you tired, irritable, and struggling to sleep. Prolonged stress increases your risk of serious health concerns, including heart disease and obesity. Consider breathing exercises, listening to calming music, or taking nature walks to keep your stress levels in check. Talk to your healthcare provider if you are struggling with managing your stress.
Get More Sleep
Good quality sleep helps boost your immunity and is critical to your overall health and emotional wellness. It also helps sharpen your decision-making, makes you feel more energetic, and helps prevent weight gain. Enhance your sleep by establishing a relaxing bedtime routine, listening to calming music, creating a comfortable and quiet environment, and limiting screen time before bed.
Get Your Vitamins and Supplements on a Patch
Even with the best diet and healthy lifestyle, getting all your needed nutrients can be quite a challenge. Studies show that more than 90 percent of individuals in the US do not meet their daily requirements for essential vitamins, minerals, or nutrients.
So, are pills or powders the solution? Aside from the inconvenience, about 40 percent of adults struggle to swallow pills, and many find oral nutrients upsetting to their digestive systems. Moreover, oral supplements must first go through the hostile environment of the GI tract, contend with stomach acids, pass through the liver, then finally make their way into the bloodstream. The long and tedious journey significantly reduces the value of the vitamin and nutrient active ingredients.
ProPatch+ is pleased to introduce transdermal vitamin and nutrient patches, the simple and convenient way to ensure your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Our medical-grade technology and powerful ingredients provide a health and wellness boost like no other. Utilizing the skin for the delivery system, ProPatch+ releases nutrients directly into your bloodstream, maximizing their benefits. Our vitamin and nutrient patches are so small, so simple, yet so effective!
- SculptPatch – Body Shaping Supplement Support: Enhance your body sculpting program, boost energy production, kick-start your metabolism, naturally suppress your appetite, improve your immunity, reduce swelling and inflammation, and cleanse your lymphatic system.
- RenewPatch – Anti-Aging Collagen+ Nutrition for Skin and Hair Renewal: Scientifically formulated for skin and hair cellular nutrition, powerful anti-aging solution. Support dermal elasticity and repair, promote hair health and growth, protect cells with super antioxidants, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- VitriPatch: Multivitamin+ with Vital Nutrients for Total Health + Wellness + Immunity: Boost your mental and physical performance, support heart health and brain function, enhance your immunity, promote energy and metabolism, improve your recovery capacity, and protect your cells with super antioxidants.
New Year, New You – Live Your Healthiest Life Ever
Living your healthiest life is the best decision you can make for your body this new year. Don’t forget to complement your health and wellness efforts with the ProPatch+ professional line of topical supplement patches. We invite you to discover the new way to feel and live your best!